Bruce Holbert is a graduate of the University of Iowa Writers Workshop, where he assisted in editing The Iowa Review and held a Teaching Writing Fellowship. His fiction has appeared in The Iowa Review, Hotel Amerika, Other Voices, The Antioch Review, Crab Creek Review, The Spokesman Review, The West Wind Review, Cairn, RiverLit and has one annual awards from the Tampa Tribune Quarterly and The Inlander. In our interview, he discusses his first novel Lonesome Animals, Counterpoint Press.
J. Reuben Appelman, HostJ. Reuben Appelman is a multi-genre writer and filmmaker who has worked on projects including Playground, Executive Produced by George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh, and the documentary ﬁlms Jens Pulver | Driven (Warner Bros.) and You're What I Want Wrong With Me | The Sick of Sarah Movie (PlayNetwork). His poetry collection, Make Loneliness (Otis Books) was an Editorʼs Choice favorite in the international arts quarterly, BOMB magazine, and he has been featured by NPR literary critic Andrei Codrescu and American Public Media's Dick Gordon. He is a five-time grant recipient from the Idaho Commission on the Arts, most recently having been awarded a prestigious State of Idaho Writing Fellowship in Literature. He received his M.F.A. from Boise State University, where he taught for nine years.
COMING UP ON THE WRITERS’ BLOCK ON RADIO BOISE
Bigger and bigger things!
- Television actor Dylan Bruno interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Novelist Tyler McMahon interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Writer/Director Tim Kirkman interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Actor/Screenwriter Will McCormack, Producer Teddy Grennan, IndieWire reporter Merdith Brody, and filmmaker Brandon Harris interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Ex adult film star turned author, Jennie Ketcham, interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman