Stephanie Reents has lived in a shared flat in Oxford, England, a tiny studio on the wrong side of the tracks in Idaho Falls, Idaho, a fifth-floor walk-up in the West Village, an adobe near the Sonoran desert, a garden apartment in the Upper Haight of San Francisco, and the old Hamilton Watch Factory building in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Her fiction has been included in the O. Henry Prize Stories, noted in Best American Short Stories, and has appeared in numerous journals. She is currently an assistant professor at the College of the Holy Cross and lives in a creaky Victorian in Providence, Rhode Island. Her debut novel, The Kissing List, has received rave reviews.
J. Reuben Appelman, HostJ. Reuben Appelman is a multi-genre writer and filmmaker who has worked on projects including Playground, Executive Produced by George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh, and the documentary ﬁlms Jens Pulver | Driven (Warner Bros.) and You're What I Want Wrong With Me | The Sick of Sarah Movie (PlayNetwork). His poetry collection, Make Loneliness (Otis Books) was an Editorʼs Choice favorite in the international arts quarterly, BOMB magazine, and he has been featured by NPR literary critic Andrei Codrescu and American Public Media's Dick Gordon. He is a five-time grant recipient from the Idaho Commission on the Arts, most recently having been awarded a prestigious State of Idaho Writing Fellowship in Literature. He received his M.F.A. from Boise State University, where he taught for nine years.
COMING UP ON THE WRITERS’ BLOCK ON RADIO BOISE
Bigger and bigger things!
- Television actor Dylan Bruno interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Novelist Tyler McMahon interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Writer/Director Tim Kirkman interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Actor/Screenwriter Will McCormack, Producer Teddy Grennan, IndieWire reporter Merdith Brody, and filmmaker Brandon Harris interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman
- Ex adult film star turned author, Jennie Ketcham, interviewed by J. Reuben Appelman